You get lonely, is what it is.
“You often say, I want to get out.
Get stuck in with it and don't get everything perfect.
"If you cannot get through the first date, you will not get married."
Houellebecq couldn’t get Neil Young.
“Create more places for them to get vaccinated.
When you get more cases, you get more hospitalisations.
You get a little less drug in the blood, but you get longer-lasting drug effects.
And from there it's a scramble down to your jet to get started and get airborne."
“When we get a vaccine, you can bet that many people will not get vaccinated,” he said.
I get to be creative in terms of the projects that I get to work on," Campbell told Insider.
I get tearful, I get irritable, I get angry, I can’t process cognitively very well.’ ”
"On the VC side of things, we've seen a lot more Black VCs not only get interviews but get hired," he said.
So, I do a lot of exercise, go to the gym, take the dog out every day, get up, get dressed, get out.
"The Republicans who think they're going to get the nomination through The Lincoln Project probably need to get a lawyer."
Get up, get out, get dressed – get dressed before you get out, by the way.
People who get Social Security benefits will get their money the same way they get their Social Security payments.
"But before you get to true herd immunity, you could still get a terrific example of getting less and less cases as more and more people get vaccinated," he said.
“The only one I can think of is Ted because he’s going to get 50 Republican votes and he’s going to get 50 Democrat votes — they’ll do anything to get him out of the Senate.”
I want to get something, but I don’t know exactly what I’m going to get, but I’m just going to stop working until I get something, I’m going to shut down the whole plant until I get something,’ you’d get fired!”
- a return on a shot that seemed impossible to reach and would normally have resulted in a point for the opponent
- come into the possession of something concrete or abstract
- enter or assume a certain state or condition
- cause to move; cause to be in a certain position or condition
- receive a specified treatment (abstract)
- reach a destination; arrive by movement or progress
- go or come after and bring or take back
Example: Get me those books over there, please
- go through (mental or physical states or experiences)
Example: get an idea
- take vengeance on or get even
Example: We'll get them!
- achieve a point or goal
- cause to do; cause to act in a specified manner
- succeed in catching or seizing, especially after a chase
- come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes)
- be stricken by an illness, fall victim to an illness
- communicate with a place or person; establish communication with, as if by telephone
- give certain properties to something
Example: get someone mad
- move into a desired direction of discourse
- grasp with the mind or develop an understanding of
- attract and fix
- reach with a blow or hit in a particular spot
- reach by calculation
Example: What do you get when you add up these numbers?
- acquire as a result of some effort or action
Example: You cannot get water out of a stone
Example: What did you get at the toy store?
- perceive by hearing
- suffer from the receipt of
- receive as a retribution or punishment
- leave immediately; used usually in the imperative form
- reach and board
Example: Her childish behavior really get to me
- evoke an emotional response
Example: Brahms's `Requiem' gets me every time
- apprehend and reproduce accurately
- earn or achieve a base by being walked by the pitcher
- overcome or destroy
- be a mystery or bewildering to
- take the first step or steps in carrying out an action
- undergo (as of injuries and illnesses)
- make (offspring) by reproduction
On this page, there are 20 sentence examples for get. They are all from high-quality sources and constantly processed by lengusa's machine learning routines.
Just use the " " button to fragment sentence examples and start your learning flow.
Example output from one of your searches: