Nuclear radiation is more pervasive.
Exposure of gamma or electron beam radiation causes dyes in the shirt to change color.
“The consequences of the radiation accident is not purely about exposure to radiation.
This term applies to all types of radiation, including radiation from the nuclei of atoms .
Radiation generally works best with fast-growing types.
However, radiation doses to individuals can vary widely.
For oral cancer, external radiation is the most common approach.
Solar radiation is made up of direct and diffuse radiation.
Synchrotron radiation is thus often termed nonthermal radiation.
Radiation therapy generally uses sources of ionizing radiation to treat disease.
The quantitative aspects of the incandescent radiation constitute the radiation laws.
By far the brightest continuum spectra of electromagnetic radiation come from synchrotron radiation sources.
Each of these methods involves a source of radiation, a sample, and a device for detecting and analyzing radiation.
Radiation therapy is the use of ionizing radiation—X-rays, gamma rays, or subatomic particles such as neutrons—to destroy cancer cells.
External beam radiation resembles traditional X-rays in that the radiation is directed from outside the body toward an internal target tissue.
For gamma radiation, 1 mGy dose corresponds to 1 mSv dose equivalent, whereas for alpha radiation, 1 mGy dose corresponds to 20 mSv dose equivalent.
Cells are destroyed by radiation either because they sustain so much genetic damage that they cannot replicate or because the radiation induces apoptosis (programmed cell death).
The development of long-term side effects of radiation therapy depends on which tissues are exposed to radiation beams, the age of the patient, and the dose of radiation.
(For a detailed treatment of the effects of X-rays and other forms of ionizing radiation on human health and the levels of such radiation encountered in daily life, see radiation: Biological effects of ionizing radiation.)
Until the significant long-term consequences of ionizing radiation were recognized, radiation therapy was sometimes used for conditions such as acne, tinea capitis (ringworm of the scalp and nails), and lymph node enlargement, but those uses were abandoned following the discovery of ionizing radiation injury.
- energy that is radiated or transmitted in the form of rays or waves or particles
- the act of spreading outward from a central source
- syndrome resulting from exposure to ionizing radiation (e.g., exposure to radioactive chemicals or to nuclear explosions); low doses cause diarrhea and nausea and vomiting and sometimes loss of hair; greater exposure can cause sterility and cataracts and some forms of cancer and other diseases; severe exposure can cause death within hours
Example: he was suffering from radiation
- the spontaneous emission of a stream of particles or electromagnetic rays in nuclear decay
- the spread of a group of organisms into new habitats
- a radial arrangement of nerve fibers connecting different parts of the brain
- (medicine) the treatment of disease (especially cancer) by exposure to a radioactive substance
On this page, there are 20 sentence examples for radiation. They are all from high-quality sources and constantly processed by lengusa's machine learning routines.
Just use the " " button to fragment sentence examples and start your learning flow.
Example output from one of your searches:
Until the significant long-term consequences of ionizing radiation were recognized radiation therapy was sometimes used for conditions such as acne tinea capitis ringworm of the scalp and nails and lymph node enlargement but those uses were abandoned following the discovery of ionizing radiation injury