IPOF has seen short interest soar 5,202%, or $15 million.
Short-selling was banned on some stocks during the financial crisis.
The stems of Gnetum are less remarkable, although one species produces its main leaves on short side branches (short shoots).
Short, when spirit is drunk without any admixture of water, it is said to be taken “SHORT;” “summat SHORT,” a dram.
Short-selling is a high-risk, high-reward trading strategy.
There is always a risk of a short-squeeze that comes along with short-selling.
More recently, she had three short plays produced in London, a short story published and directed a short piece at Edinburgh Festival.
“Everyone at the label is quite used to ‘Cut it down, cut it down—short, short, short,’ ” Russell said, after a moment’s consideration.
Short films are recognized in several categories, including the Grand Prix for Best Short Film and the Award for Best Australian Short Film.
Traders primarily participate in short selling — or going short, in traders' lingo — as a means of profiting on short-term declines in a stock's value.
Well-known GameStop short-sellers Melvin Capital and Citron Research have both closed out of their short positions, with CNBC reporting that the former ate a huge loss.
While hedge fund managers and professional traders are the most prominent players in the short-selling arena, any investor with a margin account can go short on a stock.
None of these constitutes a short story as it has been defined since the 19th century, but they do make up a large part of the milieu from which the modern short story emerged.
Short metre, also called short measure, abbreviation S.M., a quatrain of which the first, second, and fourth lines are in iambic trimeter and the third is in iambic tetrameter.
"Securities with short interest >20% of float (135 total) rose 12.2% week over week on average," Harvey said Wednesday, adding that average short interest among S&P 500 stocks was at historic lows.
Short irons: The 8- and 9-iron are short irons, delivering a high trajectory on a short shot into a green with the idea that the ball hits the green and stops close to where it lands.
Ford also coedited The Best American Short Stories of 1990 (1990) and edited The Granta Book of the American Short Story (1991) and The New Granta Book of the American Short Story (2007).
Between January 15 and January 29, just as short-sellers and hedge funds were brought to their knees, many Russell 3000 stocks saw a large increase in short interest – or shares that had been sold short but not yet closed out — according to a Feb. 10 Goldman Sachs note.
In 1954, at the 26th Academy Awards, Disney won best documentary feature for "The Living Desert," best documentary short subject for "The Alaskan Eskimo," best short subject (cartoon) for "Toot, Whistle, Plunk and Boom," and best short subject (two-reel) for "Bear Country."
This feat has only been replicated once before, at 1954's Oscars when Walt Disney won Best Documentary Feature for "The Living Desert," Best Documentary Short Subject for "The Alaskan Eskimo," Best Short Subject (Cartoon) for "Toot, Whistle, Plunk and Boom," and Best Short Subject (Two-Reel) for "Bear Country."
- the location on a baseball field where the shortstop is stationed
- primarily temporal sense; indicating or being or seeming to be limited in duration
Example: a short life
- of insufficient quantity to meet a need
- cheat someone by not returning him enough money
- clean across
Example: the car's axle snapped short
- (primarily spatial sense) having little length or lacking in length
Example: short skirts
- accidental contact between two points in an electric circuit that have a potential difference
- less than the correct or legal or full amount often deliberately so
- without possessing something at the time it is contractually sold
Example: he made his fortune by selling short just before the crash
- create a short circuit in
- the fielding position of the player on a baseball team who is stationed between second and third base
- at some point or distance before a goal is reached
Example: he fell short of our expectations
- low in stature; not tall; describing something or someone with a stature less than normal
Example: he was short and stocky
- lacking foresight or scope
Example: a short view of the problem
- (of memory) deficient in retentiveness or range
Example: a short memory
- tending to crumble or break into flakes due to a large amount of shortening
Example: shortbread is a short crumbly cookie
- so as to interrupt
Example: She took him up short before he could continue
- at a disadvantage
Example: I was caught short
- not holding securities or commodities that one sells in expectation of a fall in prices
Example: a short sale
- marked by rude or peremptory shortness
- in a curt, abrupt and discourteous manner
- of speech sounds or syllables of relatively short duration
Example: the English vowel sounds in `pat', `pet', `pit', `pot', putt' are short
- on impulse; without premeditation
On this page, there are 20 sentence examples for short. They are all from high-quality sources and constantly processed by lengusa's machine learning routines.
Just use the " " button to fragment sentence examples and start your learning flow.
Example output from one of your searches: