People worked them out.
He’s worked in the mines.
She worked when she fell sick.
I worked as a mother's helper.
So, I’ve worked on a few other shows.
He had worked for Walmart for 15 years.
I worked their tail off, I was tough on them.
Only 8% of citizens worked solely at private firms.
Feinstein worked on newspapers while still in high school.
I worked at Splendido, I worked for David Lee.
The data includes hours worked from full-time, part-time, and part-year workers.
He then joined Meriweather's next fund, JWM Partners, as head of risk control and worked there until 2008.
I am proud to have worked for the American people, proud to have worked in the White House.
I’ve been an assistant manager, secretary for a pastor, worked in ministry, worked with youth.
"Many of these executives we have worked with and worked together with for maybe 30 years or more.
Based on the OECD data, the average US worker worked 1,786 hours in 2018, 423 more than the 1,363 hours worked annually by the average German worker.
“When I worked with him that was a time when it was not clear how far the technology really would go but he had it all worked out in his head and he just had to make this happen,” he said.
Prior to this role, Bakhtian worked on government policy as a senior policy advisor at the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) from 2015-2016 and worked at the Department of Energy before that.
“Actually, I saw from working in that office,” he said—we worked in the Presidential Personnel Office, basically a head-hunter for the executive branch—“how many M.D.s worked all over the administration, and I thought that was pretty cool.
Coleman had “taken the learnings of Opportunity International” and how microfinance had “worked and worked and worked” in developing countries and was now applying it to Indigenous communities in Australia through his work for a charity he had founded, Many Rivers.
- activity directed toward making or doing something
- exert oneself by doing mental or physical work for a purpose or out of necessity; work
- a product produced or accomplished through the effort or activity or agency of a person or thing
- be employed
- have an effect or outcome; often the one desired or expected
- the occupation for which you are paid
- applying the mind to learning and understanding a subject (especially by reading)
- perform as expected when applied
- shape, form, or improve a material
- (physics) a manifestation of energy; the transfer of energy from one physical system to another expressed as the product of a force and the distance through which it moves a body in the direction of that force
- give a workout to
- a place where work is done
- the total output of a writer or artist (or a substantial part of it)
- proceed along a path
- operate in a certain place, area, or specialty
- proceed towards a goal or along a path or through an activity
- move in an agitated manner
Example: His fingers worked with tension
- cause to happen or to occur as a consequence
- cause to work
- prepare for crops
- behave in a certain way when handled
- have and exert influence or effect
- operate in or through
- cause to operate or function
- provoke or excite
Example: The rock musician worked the crowd of young girls into a frenzy
- gratify and charm, usually in order to influence
Example: the political candidate worked the crowds
- make something, usually for a specific function
- move into or onto
- to mix into a homogeneous mass
- use or manipulate to one's advantage
- find the solution to (a problem or question) or understand the meaning of
- cause to undergo fermentation
- go sour or spoil
- arrive at a certain condition through repeated motion
Example: The stitches of the hem worked loose after she wore the skirt many times
On this page, there are 20 sentence examples for worked. They are all from high-quality sources and constantly processed by lengusa's machine learning routines.
Just use the " " button to fragment sentence examples and start your learning flow.
Example output from one of your searches: